Friday, May 15, 2009

The Many Faces of Bacon

Let me first state that I don't eat pork. But it seems to me that bacon is like an all purpose food. People put bacon in damn near everything and I mean EVERYTHING. As a person who doesn't eat pork, sometimes its hard to find simple things without the bacon or pork. For instance, I once went to Dairy Queen and ordered a grilled chicken salad. It had bacon on it. I called to asked why is there bacon on a chicken salad, and the lady told me thats just how their salads come. (?????) Another time, I was at a club and ordered a chicken sandwich. When they brought it out, there were 4 strips of chicken and two thick slices of country ham. Again, I asked why is there ham on a chicken sandwich, and again, I got the same response: thats how THEY make them.

So anyways, every now and again, I see unusual things that have bacon in them. I figured, somebody has to be buying this stuff cause its everywhere. So I decided to compile this list for the bacon lover. You might find a new favorite from this. These are actual edible food dishes and products. Just google them if you dont believe me.

Bacon Baklava
Bacon Chocolate
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Bacon and Peanut Butter Sandwich
Maple Bacon Lollipops
Maple Bacon Cake
Maple Bacon Buttercream
Bacon Mayo ("Baconaisse")
Bacon Salt
Bacon Bread
Bacon Wrapped Tofu/Tofurkey (why???)
Bacon Ice Cream
Chicken Fried Bacon
Bacon Toffee
Gummy Bacon
Bacon Flavored Toothpicks
Bacon Vodka (seriously)
Bacon Gum
Bacon Lip Balm
Bacon Brittle

And it doesn't stop there but I have to cause this list is turning my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the words of Travis McCoy, "Bitches post anonymous" so leave a name